In this B2BMarketingBiz article, Deb Goldstein of IDG explains some important tactics in finding and renting an email list, and then getting the most out of it.
Among the important points:
- What is the source of the list - it should be permission-based.
- What name goes in the "from" line in the message?
- How frequently is the list rented? How is it maintained or updated?
- The three parts of the cost are: base, extra selection and transmission.
- The biggest players - Cahners, Penwell, Penton, Intertec and IDG (publishing companies).