How Often Do People Spend Online?
In this article from Yahoo/ACNielsen, online purchasers were asked how often they spent money online. Take a look at the number of regular online shoppers:
- Once a week or more - 11 percent
- Once every two to three weeks - 19 percent
- Once a month - 33 percent
- Once every two months - 14 percent
- Once every three months - twenty percent 20
- Less often - 4 percent
Every site that seeks to sell to consumers (as opposed to businesses) should work with this basic demographic data. Do you ask customers to purchase too frequently?
When attempting to make a first sale to a customer, it is heartening to realize that there are a substantial number of consumers who are accustomed to making relatively frequent purchases - maybe there is room for you in your online customer's budget.
here for the story (opens in new window)